House & Governmental Affairs
To this committee shall be referred, in accordance with the rules, all
legislative instruments, messages, petitions, memorials, and other matters relating to the
- Affairs of the House.
- Legislative rules and procedures.
- Expenditures of funds by the Legislature.
- Services of or for the House and/or its committees and members.
- Assignment of space in state buildings, including space for legislative needs.
- Rules or laws enacted to reorganize the Legislature or executive branches of
- Intergovernmental relations between the state and the United States or other
- The capitol building and all other buildings for general services at the state
capital, including capitol parking.
- Maintenance and care of capitol complex buildings.
- Employees of the House.
- House Legislative Services Council.
- Legislative Auditor.
- Legislative Fiscal Officer.
- Civil Service.
- Creation of all legislative committees.
- Elections, state political parties and their committees.
- Registrars of voters and their records.
- Governmental ethics.
- Apportionment of elected officials and governing bodies.
Proposals for interim study by a committee, after initial consideration in
committee of subject matter, if different from House and Governmental Affairs.